HOTCHKISS SCHOOL LAKEVILLE, CT
July 15 – 19, 2018
EXT DAY (9AM-8:30PM): $795
Our field hockey curriculum will improve stick skills and team concepts with a creative drills including small games, stations, obstacle courses, and competitions.
In addition to the leadership workshops, players will work through a number of Skill Clinics. These Skill Clinics are designed for players based on their age and ability:
- Shooting & Scoring
- Defense (Team and Individual)
- Ball Control & Vision
- Elimination Skills
- Defensive skill development
- Offensive presses
- Special Situations (Corners, Strokes, 1 v 1)
- Man Up, Man Down
The leadership curriculum is taught by Heidi Kasevich, PhD. She is a well-known speaker, consultant, and author in the field of female leadership.
Her workshops cultivate the traits of ambition, resilience, and courage, and teaches girls the skills needed to be self-aware, confident individuals who know their value and are prepared to lead through authenticity.
- Defining Leadership
- Listening & Trust Exercises
- Leadership Focus & Role Models
- Importance of Authentic Presence
- Cultivating Resilience & Courage
The Hotchkiss School offers excellent opportunities for campers to work together and achieve.
- Three ponds and extensive hiking trails on an 827-acre wooded campus
- Lake Wononscopomuc offers endless waterfront activities and beach. Our staff supervises all of our campers who want to take out paddleboards. Lifeguards are on duty at the beach.
- Climbing Wall
- Social Sports: Frisbee Golf, Kickball, Beach Volleyball, Spike Ball
- Camp Olympics & Group Competitions
Multi- Sport Option Lacrosse:
If you play both field hockey & lacrosse, you can opt to alternate sports each day. Both programs operate side by side during sport specific training times and merge for age appropriate leadership workshops and recreational rotations.
At Field Hockey & Leadership Academy campers will receive:
- Authentic FHLA Reversible Jersey
- Water Bottle
- Personal Evaluation
- Games Daily
- Raffles for an assortment of Prizes
- Leadership discussions and training excersizes
- An improved understanding of leadership and teammwork
Typical Daily Schedule
8:30 Camp Meeting – Daily Goals
9:00 Skills Sessions – Individual Skills
11:00 Tactical Training – Team Drills
1:00 Leadership Workshop
3:00 Outdoor Adventure Time (Swimming, Hiking, Yoga, Climbing Wall)
7:30 Evening Activities (Social Sports & Group Challenges)
Any camper who must cancel prior to camp will receive a camp credit equal to the amount of camp tuition already paid. The credit is transferable to another family member and is good for any Revolution Field Hockey Summer Camp or eCamps Partner program through next summer (agreement begins at time of purchase). Any cancellation within 5 days of the start of camp will result in a camp credit minus $100 cancellation fee. Camp credits are not extended to campers who leave camp after the start of a session. CASH/CREDIT CARD REFUNDS ARE NOT OFFERED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.